You know what I have learned? Being married, and staying married, has a lot to do with how open you are to each other. Kinsey and I got into a conversation last night at around 11:30 pm. I know what you’re saying, I should have been sleeping already, and I would have been, if Chloe had not been crying as if the world was ending. In fact, I felt like I had just fallen asleep, because we started the Emmy’s late due to having a son who wants books read to him, and wants to hang out before bed. I never turn those opportunities down.
We had that sad moment when you realize: “Crap, maybe I am the one screwing up.” We had problems with Cason sleeping through the night. He’s finally doing better. Now it’s Chloe. She likes to wake up anytime between 11 pm and 2 am. It’s a surprise every day. Why? Because we conditioned her as a baby to eat at those times. She would wake up, we figure she’s hungry, and we feed her. Doctor told us she doesn’t need those feedings anymore, and they are impossible to break. These crying fits only last about 10-15 minutes, while we try to console her, calm her down, and get her to fall asleep again. Rumor has it that she will eventually stop waking up.
Anyways, while trying to fall back asleep, the “it really annoys me that she wakes up every night” sentence came out of my mouth. We were both pretty tired, so Kinsey asked if there was anything that currently annoys me about her, followed with “be honest.” I couldn’t really think of something at that moment. So I told her, “not that I can think of.” I asked the question right back… here is what she came back with:
- She gets annoyed that I have to flex my butt to make myself fall asleep. I don’t know why, but it works for me.
- She gets annoyed at my choice of songs that I sing to while showering.
- She gets annoyed that I tend to be more organized and know where things are, when I keep things a mess.
- She gets annoyed that I think I am being sly when drinking directly from the carton…
- Sometimes, she gets annoyed when I turn everything into a song. She said there’s a right time for that… and it’s not all the time.
I fell asleep before I heard number 6, but I am sure there was one. haha. She helped me fall asleep. I bet you that was her plan all along, and that is why I love my wife.