Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Will “Step Back”

Oscars will not have a host… GRAMMYs performers announced… Leonardo DiCaprio saved a man… Justin Bieber battling Lyme disease… and Prince Harry & Meghan to step back

Last year, “The Oscars” went hostless after the whole Kevin Hart situation. It worked out for them because ratings actually went up after a four year slump and it was about 45 minutes shorter. Yesterday, they announced they are going hostless again. The ceremony airs on Sunday, February 9th. The nominees will be announced this coming Monday.

The Grammys are taking place on Sunday, Jan. 26, and they’re sticking with Alicia Keys as host. Now we’re finding out who’s performing during the ceremony. So far, we know Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani will sing their new single,”Nobody But You.” They’ll look into each other’s eyes and sing, “I don’t wanna live without you / I don’t even want to breathe / I don’t want to dream about you / want to wake up with you next to me / I don’t want to go down any other road now / I don’t want to love nobody but you / Looking in your eyes now / If I had to die now / I don’t wanna love nobody but you.” Can’t wait for that! Also announced as performers are Lizzo and Billie Eilish, who are each nominated for six Grammys. And Aerosmith — who are being honored with this year’s MusiCares Person of the Year Award.

Leonardo DiCaprio ended 2019 a hero! Yesterday we found out that back on December 30, LDC and his girlfriend Camila Morrone were on a boat near St. Barts when they heard about this employee on a Club Med ship who got super drunk and fell overboard. Leo joined the search party and actually ended up finding this guy, who’d been treading water for ELEVEN HOURS!!!

Justin Bieber is out with a new song called “Yummy” and he’s feeling good about his music and his new marriage and his life in general right now. But that hasn’t been the case for a while. Justin let us know what’s been going on in an Instagram post yesterday. He said he was recently diagnosed with Lyme disease along with a serious case of mono! Justin said it affected his skin, his brain function, his energy and his overall health. And he’s going to let us all see what he’s been through in a 10-part docuseries he’s releasing on YouTube starting January 27. We’ll get a new episode every Monday and Wednesday.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle dropped a huge bombshell yesterday, and the Royal Family will never be the same! They announced on Instagram that they are giving up their royal titles and moving to North America!! And apparently, this wasn’t just a huge shock to the world…Harry and Meghan hadn’t told his family, either! A source told the Daily Mail that Queen Elizabeth is deeply disappointed and that other members of the family are downright furious! Their source said all of them have basically bent over backwards to give Harry and Meghan everything they wanted….but it still wasn’t good enough! Buckingham Palace released a very brief statement: “Discussion with The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are at an early stage. We understand the desire to take a different approach, but these are complicated issues that will take time to work through.”

View this post on Instagram

“After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution. We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen. It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment. We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to The Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages. This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity. We look forward to sharing the full details of this exciting next step in due course, as we continue to collaborate with Her Majesty The Queen, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties. Until then, please accept our deepest thanks for your continued support.” – The Duke and Duchess of Sussex For more information, please visit sussexroyal.com (link in bio) Image © PA

A post shared by The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (@sussexroyal) on

See all Showbiz Top 5 stories