A competitor to Shazam… Nick Carter won this battle… Josh Seiter update… Meet the incredible ladies of The Golden Bachelor… and Sam Asghari unfollows Britney SpearsListen to “Showbiz – Aug 31, 2023” on Spreaker.
Some may argue that technology has gone too far, but others want more more more! Google just announced they’re going to start testing a brand new feature that will allow Android users to search for songs on YouTube simply by humming or singing! Those who are in the beta group can toggle the new feature from YouTube’s voice search and “hum or record the song you’re searching for 3 or more seconds.” Once the song has been identified by the software, YouTube will send you all the “relevant official music content, user-generated videos, and/or Shorts featuring the searched song in the YouTube app.” While only a small portion of Android users currently have this feature, the brand new update will soon be released to everyone. If this is successful, this new feature would put Google-owned YouTube in direct competition with Apple-owned Shazam.
Video hosting YouTube is testing a new feature that could become a competitor to Shazam. Users will be able to search for songs by sound by simply humming the tune. The platform is testing a new Android search feature that allows users to find a song on YouTube. pic.twitter.com/K4I1JO230i— DateWare (@DateWare) August 30, 2023
Nick Carter got a win in court yesterday. Melissa Schuman — who used to be part of the girl group Dream — has been going after Nick for years, accusing him of sexually assaulting her at a friend’s apartment back in 2002. Melissa filed a lawsuit against Nick back in April, and shortly after that, Nick filed a countersuit against her for defamation. In response to THAT, Melissa and her dad filed a motion to have Nick’s lawsuit dismissed. Yesterday, Nick was in a Las Vegas courtroom where the judge ruled that Nick’s attorney presented enough evidence to allow his defamation case to move forward. After the ruling, Nick’s attorney told TMZ, “For years, Melissa and Jerome Schuman have been conspiring with anyone they could manipulate to drum up false claims against Nick Carter in a brazen attempt to get rich off of him. Today’s ruling confirms that Nick will be able to pursue that truth to its inevitable conclusion and expose the Schumans’ and their co-conspirators’ deceit and deplorable conduct.” So as it stands now, Melissa is still suing Nick for sexual assault, and he’s still suing her for defamation.
Nick Carter may have just won this battle, but it looks like the war is still to come. https://t.co/R11F8C2gfN— TMZ (@TMZ) August 31, 2023
Way back in 2015, Josh Seiter was a contestant on Kaitlyn Bristowe’s season of “The Bachelorette.” On Monday an announcement was posted on Josh’s Instagram letting his followers know that he had passed away. Twenty-four hours later, Josh posted a video letting everyone know he was alive and well and that his IG had been hacked. That didn’t resonate as true with a lot of people, including his ex Monica Beverly Hillz from “RuPaul’s Drag Race.” She told Entertainment Weekly that he’s happy Josh is alive, but she doesn’t believe this was a hack…she believes this was a hoax! Monica said when she first started dating Josh, all her friends warned her to run because he was a clout chaser. They apparently broke up last week, before the death post. Josh told EW that the suggestion he orchestrated a death hoax is “sickening” and that Monica’s “ridiculous accusations” were “made up by somebody with nothing better to do with their time.” TMZ also spoke to Josh, asking why he didn’t get the word out that he was alive sooner. Josh said he was more focused on getting his Instagram back. TMZ also brought up that it was very strange when they contacted Josh’s family to verify he’d died, they refused to comment. Josh explained that away by saying he and certain members of his family don’t communicate.
"As a mental health advocate, issues of suicide are very sensitive for me. To suggest that I would orchestrate a death post around that issue is sickening" https://t.co/1YeZoNwFlS— TooFab (@TooFab) August 30, 2023
When 72-year-old Gerry Turner was chosen as the Golden Bachelor, he told casting producers that he would prefer they choose women between the ages of 60 and 70, but to “feel free to blur the lines.” Taking that into consideration, ABC chose 22 women ranging in age from 60 to 75, and we got to meet them in a very extended trailer that dropped yesterday. Among Gerry’s choices is 70-year-old Patty, who happens to be former Bachelor Matt James’ mother. There’s also 66-year-old Susan, a wedding officiant who could find a new career as a Kris Jenner impersonator. There are 5 women who I think Gerry will really go for. April is a 65-year-old therapist, and I believe she’s going to be our villainess. Gerry will be attracted to 60-year-old Marina, who has an exotic allure to her, but I think she’ll be too much for him. I also think he’s going to love 60-year-old retired interior designer Nancy and 60-year-old private school administrator Joan. But if I had to pick the winner today, it would be 64-year-old fitness instructor Leslie. The fun starts on Thursday, Sept. 28!
Sam Asghari has finally seen enough. He has officially unfollowed Britney Spears on Instagram. She’s on vacation in Mexico with her longtime manager and best friend Cade Hudson while Sam has been getting settled into his luxury high-rise apartment. source told the Daily Mail that Britney was growing more and more suspicious that Sam had been working with her dad Jamie, feeding him information about her personal life that kept her locked in the conservatorship. The source said in exchange for the information, Sam was given access to Britney and her money. The source said, “Britney was done with Sam months ago and was very unhappy. There were plans in place to set Sam up with his own place and give him money to live on so that it would be amicable.” And apparently, that’s what has happened. Britney reportedly is paying the rent on Sam’s $10K apartment.