Mascara Alert! A 96-year-old widower entered a singer songwriter contest and spoke from the heart in a touching song about his late wife Lorraine and their 73 years of marriage.
What are the secrets to having a long-lasting loving marriage like this? Check out these tips….and add YOURS!
- NEVER STOP COURTING. Never stop dating. NEVER EVER take that woman for granted….
- PROTECT YOUR HEART – Just as you committed to being the protector of her heart, you must guard your own with the same vigilance…
- FALL IN LOVE OVER and OVER and OVER again. You will constantly change. You’re not the same people you were when you got married, and in five years you will not be the same person you are today…
- ALWAYS SEE THE BEST in her. Focus only on what you love. What you focus on will expand….
- IT’S NOT YOUR JOB TO CHANGE OR FIX HER…
- TAKE FULL ACCOUNTABILITY for your own emotions
- NEVER BLAME your wife If YOU get frustrated or angry at her, it is only because it is triggering something inside of YOU.
- BE SILLY
- FILL HER SOUL EVERYDAY… learn her love languages and the specific ways that she feels important and validated and CHERISHED.
- BE PRESENT
CLICK HERE for the full list and to read the entire article,
“Marriage Advice I Wish I Would Have Had” by Gerald Rogers