‘Borat 2’ has already been shot… Lily Allen & David Harbour married… Jennifer Lopez & Alex Rodriguez’s desperate pitch… Tory Lanez apology… and Keeping Up With the Kardashians to endListen to “Showbiz – Sep 9, 2020” on Spreaker.
“Borat” made Sacha Baron Cohen a household name in 2006. The movie cost only $18M to produce and went on to earn over $262M at the box office. Sacha even won a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Comedy. Now, earlier this summer, Sacha was spotted in LA dressed as Borat and being followed by a camera crew. A lot of people assumed he was filming something for his Showtime series “Who Is America?” but it turns out, he was actually filming “Borat 2!” We don’t have a lot of details, but a source said the movie follows Borat after he became famous in the original 2006. He wears disguises to avoid being recognized in public and then interviews people incognito.
It’s official: ‘Borat 2’ has already been shot and screened by Sacha Baron Cohen. 👀
Details: https://t.co/RIdDaVEa1B pic.twitter.com/fMpc5DCei6— Complex (@Complex) September 9, 2020
We don’t know his fate on “Stranger Things” yet, but in real life, David Harbor’s fate is British singer Lily Allen! These two crazy kids got married at the Graceland Chapel in Vegas last night, complete with an Elvis impersonator performing the ceremony. David and Lilly reportedly began dating in January of 2019. This is David’s first marriage and Lilly’s second. She has two children from her previous marriage — 8-year-old Ethel Mary and 7-year-old Marnie Rose.
Lily Allen and David Harbour Take Big Step Toward Getting Married in Las Vegas https://t.co/4MmY0HwmvP— E! News (@enews) September 8, 2020
Last week, we heard Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez gave up trying to buy the Mets. Their group had been outbid by billionaire Steve Cohen, who offered up $2.35B for the team. But the deal has yet to be finalized. First of all, Steve needs the approval of at least 23 out of the 30 owners. This may be difficult since his company just paid a $1.8B insider trading fine and is currently tied up in sexual discrimination lawsuits. So according to the New York Post, JLo and A-Rod are going to give this one more shot. As part of their pitch, Jennifer, not Alex, would be the team’s controlling owner, which would make her the first Latina woman to control a MLB team. They are also guaranteeing a World Series win within 10 years. If they don’t get it, they’ll donate $100M to NY charities and also raise the payroll to $225M. Apparently, this deal is similar or better than Steve Cohen’s offer, so Jennifer and Alex may have a fighting chance. Plus, they don’t come with all that legal baggage. And as Jennifer told the Post, “It ain’t over until it is over. We are New Yorkers and we are not going to give up. We feel we have the best bid for the sport, the team and the city.”
EXCLUSIVE: Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez’s desperate pitch to save Mets bid puts her in ‘control’ https://t.co/9nPGQPMZGK pic.twitter.com/dJXMZDhGHE— New York Post (@nypost) September 8, 2020
Back in July, Megan Thee Stallion was shot in her feet while getting out of an SUV. At first, Megan stayed quiet about who shot her, but she recently called out rapper Tory Lanez, claiming she was trying to walk away from an argument when he started firing. Police arrested Tory after they found a gun under the seat of the car, but they’ve yet to charge him with shooting Meghan. The investigation continues regarding that. But TMZ claims to have seen a text message Tory allegedly sent to Megan while she was in the hospital, about 15 hours after the shooting. In the text, he begs for forgiveness writing, “I know u prolly never gone talk to me again, but I genuinely want u to know I’m sorry from the bottom of my heart…I was just too drunk. None the less s*** should have never happened and I can’t change what did. I just feel horrible. Cuz I genuinely just got too drunk.” So technically, he never confessed to shooting her, but come on….
Tory Lanez Apology to Megan for Alleged Shooting, ‘I Was Too Drunk’ https://t.co/kVtHHvyRQE— TMZ (@TMZ) September 9, 2020
It’s the end of an era. Kim Kardashian announced on her Instagram yesterday, “It is with heavy hearts that we’ve made the difficult decision as a family to say goodbye to Keeping Up with the Kardashians. After what will be 14 years, 20 seasons, hundreds of episodes and numerous spin-off shows, we are beyond grateful to all of you who’ve watched us for all of these years – through the good times, the bad times, the happiness, the tears, and the many relationships and children. We’ll forever cherish the wonderful memories and countless people we’ve met along the way. Thank you to the thousands of individuals and businesses that have been a part of this experience and, most importantly, a very special thank you to Ryan Seacrest for believing in us, E! for being our partner, and our production team at Bunim/Murray, who’ve spent countless hours documenting our lives. Our last season will air early next year in 2021. Without Keeping Up with The Kardashians, I wouldn’t be where I am today. I am so incredibly grateful to everyone who has watched and supported me and my family these past 14 incredible years. This show made us who we are and I will be forever in debt to everyone who played a role in shaping our careers and changing our lives forever. With Love and Gratitude, Kim” Khloe reposted most of Kim’s message, leaving off that final paragraph and signing it, “Kris, Kourtney, Kim, Khloé, Rob, Kendall, Kylie, and Scott.” She also added her own comment — “I am so grateful and thankful to everyone who has supported us and been there through it all. I’m too emotional to fully express myself at the moment. My sappy post will come soon. Change is hard but also needed at times❤️💔❤️💔 I love you all. Thank you for the memories!” Kourtney couldn’t be bothered to do more than repost Khloe’s edited version of Kim’s statement on her IG Story, adding, “I will gather my thoughts and share them in a bit …” As of this morning, she’s apparently still gathering them.
“After what will be 14 years, 20 seasons, hundreds of episodes and several spin-off shows, we’ve decided as a family to end this very special journey.” -The Kardashian-Jenner family https://t.co/g3ukTDc2Ho— E! News (@enews) September 8, 2020