J-Si’s Blog: Family Time in San Diego
J-Si’s Blog: Family Time in San Diego

Well, our vacation started off on a good foot. We took the late night flight to San Diego. Who would ever do that? That’s the same thing I asked, but Kinsey thought that Cason would sleep through the entire flight… which is exactly what happened. Unfortunately, my left arm also slept through the entire flight because I was holding him. Once we landed we got the party going, which means Kinsey’s sister’s cats welcomed me by peeing in my luggage when I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Luckily, it didn’t get on everything, only about 65% of my stuff. Don’t worry, that was not the big let down of the trip.

There is some awesome news, though! We went to my parent’s house! I know that doesn’t sound like much to most people, but if you have been following my story, you understand 🙂 The visit actually went pretty well. My sister and I got along, their dog humped my leg, and I got along with my sisters boyfriend with no problems. It was as lil weird at first, but having Cason with us made everything flow a lot more smoothly than it would have without him. Plus it was the place of birth for what may be the most outrageous picture of anyone’s vacation:

Yeah, that happened. Then it was the big day: 4th of July! We hung out with Cason for the first part of the day, and then he got to stay with grandma and grandpa so that mom and dad could go have adult time! Yesssss! It was freezing cold, but we didn’t let that get in the way of our fun day. We went to our friend’s house, and grilled some steak and chicken, had some drinks, and headed to the harbor to watch the biggest fireworks show on the west coast!!! Boom! That is what we heard as we walked up. We figured that was the warm up fireworks, which lasted about 15 seconds, and that it was no big deal. 9:00 PM hit, and nothing. 9:30 PM hit, and nothing. People started to walk away, and that’s when we realized that we got screwed over. 15 seconds of fireworks instead of 20 minutes… what a disappointment. Now I know all women are talking about. It was the biggest 4th of July bust… ever!!! Oh well!

We had a surprise the next day… which is not as cool as I thought it would be. Cason’s first two teeth started poking out. Since that day (last Wednesday) he has not slept very well. In fact, last night and the night before, he woke up every. single. hour. That is not a good way to get some good vacation sleep. Good news is that he still has plenty of real estate in there for more teeth. yay!

And Yesterday marked my second wedding anniversary… which I believe puts me in third place when it comes to who has been married the longest on the show. Moving on up. Kidd is like the Brett Favre in the group (minus the naked wiener picture), it will be tough to catch up to his long streak of games played. I still can’t believe I have been with this woman for 10 years, and married for 2 years… let alone how much my life has changed in those two short years. So how did we live it up for the big day? We went to the mall, bought matching sunglasses (my first pair that were not worth 10 bucks), and had dinner. But we had to hurry up because Cason needed to be picked up, and it was Sunday. We finished the night up after we put Cason down by drinking some champagne that we were supposed to drink last year, but couldn’t because Kinsey accidentally got pregnant. Whoopsie! 🙂 Can’t wait to see what the future will hold for us!!! Nothing but awesomeness!