Kinsey and I don’t go out much anymore… in fact, we probably average about one night per month. We will have split weekends, where she goes out and I stay in, and vice versa. That has actually not happened lately since she’s preggo again and doesn’t really enjoy the night life when she is pregnant. That’s understandable. But she wanted to have a night with friends since my birthday was during the week. So she hit up Bad Influence Paul and Reggie and set up a dinner with a few peeps.

Here is what I don’t get about the ladies… they like to do things that will make them stress out. Kinsey had a gift certificate to get her hair washed and styled. Thats cool! But she chose to do it two hours before we had to take off. The salon took their time, and were a few minutes late with finishing up. Kinsey was already stressing about that. Then the text that kills any sort of plans for parents came in: The babysitter canceled! Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuun!!!!! We got canceled on about an hour and a half from when she was supposed to be there. This left us with dinner reservations at 8, and a very tired baby. This is also the time when having family living in town would be great! Unfortunately, we don’t have that, we have to rely on people we meet, and we can’t help if people get sick. Luckily, Kinsey’s friend said she could watch Cason at the last minute. Yeah, our night was almost canceled, and we had someone pull through for us.

So how much did our lives change? Let’s compare my 25th birthday to my 30th. On my 25th we went to dinner with about 20-25 people, went to a club, splurged on an overly priced bottle, danced til 2 a.m., then we headed to my friends house for an after party, danced some more, and ended up at the house at around 5 or 6 a.m. casonWoke up the next morning, did brunch, and hung out at a restaurant the rest of the day. For my 30th we went to dinner with 10 people, went to Dave and Busters, killed it at the little basketball game, got enough tickets to buy a marshmallow gun, was home by 1:30 a.m., and asleep by 2 am. Woke up the next morning at 7:30 a.m., because Cason was slapping my head, took Cason to the park where he tried to eat some mud, hung out at the house the rest of the day, and watched This is 40. Haha! I still had a great time!